3 stars 3 stars 3 stars

Historic Landmark
Route Temple St. Nicholas Balchi...

Price comment  Price:
address:
Balchik
email:
tic@balchik.bg
telephone:
0035957971087

The starting point of this pilgrimage route is the church "Saint Nicholas" in Balchik. It is located on the "Hristo Botev" 44 and a three-nave basilica with a similar lighthouse tower. It was built in 1848 under the Trustees of the largest local revival Koyu Rajchev and architecture and painting it made ​​a great impression on visitors with its original and sleek style. Witness the Bulgarian-Greek church struggles in the second half of XIX century, the temple is now operational and houses the permanent exhibition of icons from across Dobrudja.

The second stop on the route is the church "St. George", built in 1897. With a dome, it is specific in that its three ships were not separated by colonnades, and with four square pillars. Remarkable it also iconostasis and bishop's throne, a masterpiece of the famous at the time Debar carving school.

Here is taken to the chapel "Assumption", built in 1926 in the palace of Queen Mary, at the time the South Dobrogea was occupied by our northern neighbor. It is small, cozy and even somewhat neat; frescoes are the work of Romanian artists and the iconostasis is specially made ​​in Greece.

After the tour of religious sites in Balchik, the route takes us to the land, as, of course, you would need to use a car or specialized transportation. Along the way you can visit the monastery "St. Ekaterina" located in Bulgarevo, about six kilometers from Kavarna.

Although recently built, it is rapidly gaining popularity as a tourist destination and one of the main reasons for this are the relics of St. Catherine, which are kept here. The complex consists of a church, a kitchen and several one-storey residential buildings and creates a sense of comfort and communion with the spiritual principle.

After arriving in Kavarna immediately head to the oldest of the Renaissance building in the city - the church "St. George". It has a nave, apse and modest in size, but was declared a cultural monument for its distinctive architecture and precious icons that are stored in it.

The temple was built in 1836 and at the end of the XIX century was rebuilt after its destruction during the Russo-Turkish War. The church has an impressive iconostasis with a total area of ​​about twenty-five square meters. This is the last stop on the route.

  • Route
  • Church
Balchik - Attraction Route Temple St. Nicholas Balchik - Sveta Ekaterina Kavarna - Picture 1 Balchik - Attraction Route Temple St. Nicholas Balchik - Sveta Ekaterina Kavarna - Picture 2 Balchik - Attraction Route Temple St. Nicholas Balchik - Sveta Ekaterina Kavarna - Picture 3 Balchik - Attraction Route Temple St. Nicholas Balchik - Sveta Ekaterina Kavarna - Picture 4