2 stars 2 stars

Permanent icon exhibition Bansko...

Price comment  Price:
Bansko, 3, ul. Yane Sandanski

Permanent icon exhibition is one of the most interesting tourist sites in Bansko. It is located in the old part of town, near the church "St. Trinity" and the monument of Plovdiv. The permanent exhibition Bansko Art School is governed by the oldest house in Bansko, which was built in 1749. In the past, the building served as a female first to Hilandar convent, and later to the Rila Monastery. Storey building is preserved in its original form. The building was declared a cultural monument.

The 6 rooms designed as exhibition halls, now follows the development of the Bansko School of Painting and wall. Its founder was Thomas Vishanov master - Molera, and after another 3 generations of family Molerovi, follow the traditions of iconography - Dimitar and Simeon George Molerovi. This school is among the famous Debar master Velyan Ognev.

You can see the original icons and photocopies of original paintings, some of them from the Rila Monastery. Open every day except Saturday and Sunday 9:00 to 13:00 hours and 14.00-17.30. The seal is located in the museum dedicated to Vaptsarov.

Working hours: 09:00 to 17:30

Bansko - Attraction Permanent icon exhibition Bansko Art School - Picture 1 Bansko - Attraction Permanent icon exhibition Bansko Art School - Picture 2