2 stars 2 stars

Historical Museum - Batak

Price comment  Price:
Batak, 3, pl. Osvobojdenie

Historical museum of Batak was established in 1956 building museum complex includes a museum, historic church ossuary "St. Sunday ", and Sharov Balinov house.

The church was built in 1813, built entirely of stone and dug several feet into the ground. The temple remains in Bulgarian history, once in April Uprising (1876) it hides much of the population of Batak to escape the Turks. Even today you can see the well that mothers have dug with their bare hands, looking for water for their children. Batak is burned to the ground during the April uprising, leaving only the stone church "Holy Sunday".

Opposite the church is the building of the Historical Museum. It kept authentic objects and documentary materials from the April Uprising and the Russo-Turkish War (1877-1878). Exhibited and finds from archaeological excavations in the area. Etnografskata exposure is in Balinov house. This house is a model of traditional Batak architecture. The yard can be seen only surviving outdoor oven in Batak.

Sharov house is erratic working hours, working only when it exhibits.

Working throughout the museum complex:

Winter: from 8:30 to 17:00 with a lunch break between 12 and 13h

Summer: from 9:00 to 17:00

No day off, talk costs 4 lv per object, and the entry fee of 2 lv applies to all objects.

Working hours: 08:30 to 17:00

Batak - Attraction Historical Museum - Batak - Picture 1 Batak - Attraction Historical Museum - Batak - Picture 2 Batak - Attraction Historical Museum - Batak - Picture 3