3 stars 3 stars 3 stars

Tourist attraction
Pilgrimage route Dobrich

Price comment  Price:
address:
Dobrich
email:
telephone:
0035958604602

The first stop on the pilgrimage route in practice the museum's exhibition "Renaissance icons of Dobrogea." It is exhibited in "Renaissance" of the regional historical museum Dobrich, Bulgaria street 14 The majority of the presented works are a masterpiece of the famous in the late period of the Bulgarian Revival icon-painting. Most icons were painted by hereditary painters of the families Vitanovtsi and Zaharievtsi. 

 

Artists palette is rich, vivid, contrasting colors and distinctive thematic repertoire. Although it is a religious painting, the concept is broken and there are inserted elements from everyday life, such as graphic-dominated decorative expression. Interest for visitors to the hall "Revival" are also icons of Zechariah Tsanyuv with donor inscriptions Nedko Todorovic (from Jeravna), Nikola Vasilev (from Montana), as well as local artists from Dobrudja. Especially valuable is the collection of icons depicting Saints Cyril and Methodius, which is the richest in the country. The collection of icons Dobrudja is part of the national cultural heritage of Bulgaria. 

 

The next object to visit the route is the church "Holy Trinity", which is one of the emblems of the city. Located on the "Tsar Ivan Asen II" 2, only about ten minutes from the center of Dobrich. Space is separated from the urban buzz by a high wall and "ring" of trees. The whole yard is covered with colorful alleys and numerous shrubs, so that creates comfort and a sense of oneness with nature. The temple was built during the Renaissance - in 1856, but the new building dates from 1905. Beautiful stone columns, capitals and Holy are the work of a master work of Varna, Hristo Leonidiev. 

 

Just a few minutes drive away is the third stop on the pilgrimage route - the church "St. George", along which e Ethnographic museum. It is the oldest Bulgarian Orthodox church in the city, was finally completed in 1843, but during the Crimean War, was burned. The facade is very beautiful and exquisitely decorated with ornaments and church painting. In the well-kept courtyard has a fountain with drinking water, which is believed to be curative. The interior is also well decorated and the icons and other elements of church interiors impress with its exquisite craftsmanship. 

 

From the route takes us to the Armenian Church "Surp Hovhannes" (St. John), which is also located in the central part of Dobrich and was built in the late XIX century on the site of an older church, built in 1830. The project is the work of Italian architects and the church has a nave with stone foundations and walls, the roof structure is made of wood. The church kept the original pictures of the most revered Armenian Orthodox saints painted over a century ago. 

 

The last stop on the route is "Tekke mosque." It is located within the Ethnographic Open Air Museum "Old Dobrich" (street "Konstantin Stoilov" 18). Built in the second half of XVII century, it is associated with the cult of unknown Muslim saint and the activities of the mystical currents of Islam, having a particularly strong impact in the region of Dobrogea. "Tekke Mosque" is the only example of Ottoman architecture in the city is the last stop on the route.

  • Route
Dobrich - Attraction Pilgrimage route Dobrich - Picture 1 Dobrich - Attraction Pilgrimage route Dobrich - Picture 2 Dobrich - Attraction Pilgrimage route Dobrich - Picture 3